What’s Good Wellness Wednesdays:Virtual Yoga @ What’s Good
Make time and space for your stillness & peace
We all need a little calm away from our individual storms. With our homes becoming our workspace, classrooms, gyms, etc. it can be hard to find peace and tranquility. In an effort to support your health more fully, we are now providing a weekly wellness offering to bring stillness, peace in mind and relaxation to your week.
Join us every Wednesday at 8:00pm – 8:45pm for our wellness offering!! Each week we will have an offering of either yoga, meditation, breath work, educational discussions and more!
Classes are $10 for community members and FREE for patients (of course, we warmly welcome donations if you wish to contribute). 100% of the class fees collected will be donated to organizations doing the work to empower BIPOC communities and dismantle systemic racism and inequality in our local community. We have partnered with 5 charities who are supporting our community in unique and powerful ways:
- Halton Black Voices – a grassroots organization providing a space to empower, heal, educate and lift up the voices of BIPOC folks in Halton.
- Home Suite Hope – an organization that provides vital support for families and individuals experiencing poverty to find stability.
- Halton Women’s Center – an organization that provides a safe and secure environment for abused women and their children.
- Kerr Street Mission – an organization that provides various supports to those in need.
- Grandmothers Voice – an organization that strengthens and amplifies the voices of Indigenous communities through healing, education, and empowerment.
Props suggested for movement classes: yoga mat, 2 yoga blocks, and a yoga strap
Prop suggested for mindfulness/meditation classes: yoga mat, blankets and pillows
However, if you don’t have these available, do not worry! Here are some modifications/items you can find around your house that can be used in place of traditional yoga props:
- Yoga mat: towel, blanket, rug
- Yoga blocks: stacks of books, soup cans, free weights (that can stand upright)
- Yoga strap: belt, towel, blanket, exercise band
LOCATION ON MAP
HOURS OF OPERATIONS:
Monday: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tuesday: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Thursday: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday: 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR