Comprehensive healthcare starts with providing you with information and affirmation. We have decades of experience using East Asian medicine and integrative medicine to help our community live fulfilling and energetic lives. Whether you are seeking fertility support for same-sex couples or need assistance in navigating the trauma caused by discrimination, we are here to support you every step of the way.
Acupuncture, one of the many integrative medicine modalities we offer, has been shown to have numerous benefits for LGBTQIA2+ health. Here are some of the symptoms and conditions commonly experienced within the community that can be positively impacted through acupuncture:
Anxiety and Depression
Acupuncture has been shown to reduce stress levels and promote relaxation, offering a valuable tool for managing the unique stressors faced by the LGBTQIA2+ community.
Acupuncture can be a supportive therapy for individuals who have experienced trauma, helping to address symptoms such as flashbacks, nightmares, anxiety, and emotional distress. It can assist in promoting a sense of safety, grounding, and overall well-being.
Transgender Health & Wellness
At What’s Good, we welcome transgender and gender-fluid patients, embracing their identities and providing unwavering support. We recognize that trans individuals seeking sexual and reproductive health care encounter numerous challenges.
Cultural competency is the capacity to provide healthcare for patients that’s appropriate for their social and cultural background and honours the intersectional nature of their identities.
Cultural humility involves self-reflection, deconstruction of our social conditioning and coming to terms with our own biases.
In Chinese medical philosophy, the concept of gender is understood as a dynamic interplay between Yin and Yang energies, forming a unique balance within each individual. We refer to this interplay as a dance, as it involves a multifaceted spectrum with ever-changing rhythms, continuously evolving and adapting.
How can we help?
Acupuncture and integrative medicine can help to support you in all stages of your identity journey, whether you are pursuing medical transition or not. Our treatments can support:
- Emotional balance and wellness in any stage of your journey
- Reducing the side effects of hormonal therapy; like emotional imbalance, mood swings, insomnia, hot flashes, weight changes, headaches or migraines
- Recovery after gender-affirmation surgery
- Pre-surgical preparation and care; improve circulation to support optimal recover, reduce stress & anxiety
Post-surgical recovery; reduce pain, reduce dependency on pain medication, reduce scarring, decrease recovery time, balance hormones, strengthen pelvic floor muscles after surgery.
Our integrative medicine services can help you start a family, no matter your gender identity
For Trans MEN
- Support emotional balance and reduce side effects from hormone medication
- Promote ovulation, regulate and optimize menstrual cycles
- IVF/IUI support: balance any uncomfortable side effect of fertility drugs
For Trans WOMEN
- Fertility preservation; improving sperm quality whether it’s for insemination in IVF/IUI or sperm freezing before gender affirming transition process begins as hormonal therapy and surgery can have a permanent impact on fertility
Take the first step towards a healthier,
Take the first step towards a healthier, happier you by scheduling an initial consultation with one of our practitioners today. Together, we can embark on a journey of holistic healing and support that celebrates your individuality.