At What’s Good we believe in the transformative power of holistic health for your mental health and well-being. Many people today struggle with mental health conditions such as depression and anxiety, and we are here to help. Our expert practitioners have decades of experience successfully treating mental health issues using acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine, and we are committed to helping you achieve optimal mental health and well-being.
Whether you are currently taking conventional treatments or seeking a more natural, holistic approach to your mental health, we can help. Research has shown that acupuncture can help alleviate depression and anxiety symptoms, and Chinese herbal medicine has been found to be effective in reducing symptoms of depression and anxiety, as well as treating insomnia, which is often a symptom of these conditions.
Published studies that support the use of acupuncture or Chinese herbal medicine for mental health:
Take the first step towards a happier, healthier you
If you are struggling with depression, anxiety, or other mental health issues, we encourage you to schedule an initial consultation with one of our experienced practitioners. We will work with you to develop a treatment plan that meets your unique needs and helps you achieve optimal mental health and well-being. Take the first step towards a happier, healthier you by scheduling your appointment today.
1. Chan YY, Lo WY, Yang SN, Chen YH, Lin JG. The benefit of combined acupuncture and antidepressant medication for depression: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Affect Disord. 2015;176:106-117. doi: 10.1016/j.jad.2015.01.028.
2. Yeung WF, Chung KF, Zhang SP, et al. Chinese herbal medicine for insomnia: A systematic review of randomized controlled trials. Sleep Med Rev. 2012;16(6):497-507. doi: 10.1016/j.smrv.2011.12.001.
3. Manber R, Schnyer RN, Allen JJ, et al. Acupuncture: a promising treatment for depression during pregnancy. J Affect Disord. 2010;126(3):246-254. doi: 10.1016/j.jad.2010.03.028.
4. Amorim D, Amado J, Brito I, Fiuza SM, Amorim N. Acupuncture and electroacupuncture for anxiety disorders: A systematic review of the clinical research. Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2018;31:31-37. doi: 10.1016/j.ctcp.2018.02.003.
5. Smith CA, Armour M, Lee MS, Wang LQ, Hay PJ. Acupuncture for depression. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2018;3(3):CD004046. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD004046.pub4.